![]() |
| iOS 27 Beta 4 Is Out: I Tried The New Siri Voices |
iOS 27 Beta 4 Is Out: I Tried The New Siri Voices So You Don't Have To
This is already a win after beta 3. The big thing here is that Siri Apple finally gave us new voices and they fixed many annoying bugs.
How do I get iOS 27 beta 4?
If you're on developer or public beta just go to:
Settings > General > Update. The 21GB build number is 23A5321D which w
as dropped for developers on July 22nd. The public beta should be out in 2 days.
Quick Tip: Take a backup first ilearned that the hard way on beta 2.
What's really new? 4 Things I Noticed1 Siri like more human
Okay that's the title Apple has added 2 new Siri voices They are called "Nova" and "Orion". Nova sounds like a real person talking to you. There is no robotic "Hey I'm Siri" of 2014. Orion is much quieter. I switched to Orion for a day and it's weirdly
2.Comfortable but the cool part? Siri remembers things now I said "book a table for 2 at 8pm" then "make Italian food" and it got it No need to repeat myself 3 times Finally to change it: Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Voice It's a 400MB saved
2. They fixed the thing that was driving me crazy Beta
3 .was a glitch My keyboard would lag in i
IMessage My battery was drained by 3am if I Used 5x zoom so everyone went into beta 4Here's what Apple fixed: Keyboard lag in Messages and Notes - now smooth Battery drain - I spent an entire day at 18% Camera crashes at 5x zoom - fixed CarPlay freezing - Maps loads faster Control Center widgets disappearing - didn't happen even once 3 The Photos app can finally understand me I didn't see me at the beach last summer Tried "show pictures of your dog" and it worked First try before typing "Dog Beach 2025" Now you can talk like a normal person and it all happens on your phone Cloud4 Genmoji
didn't get an upgrade Remember Genmoji from iOS 26?
It was a bit bad In beta 4 you can do "Me and my friend at a concert" and it actually puts both people there Still weird but fun
Will this work on your iPhone?
My honest techlook It's still beta My banking app crashed once and airdrop was slow on my mac But night and day battery is better No random reboots Siri really helps If you were waiting for a stable beta this is it If you need your phone for work and can't risk bugs then wait 2 more weeks for public beta 5 That's still broken Nobody is right
Here's what I did Have:
Chase app crashes on open sometimes resets after 2 days AirDrop is slower than iOS 26
FAQ
How do I get the new Siri voices?
Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Voice Pick
Nova or Orion hit download?
Yes I'm getting about 15-20% better battery than beta 3 It's not perfect but it's usable now
When is iOS 27 coming to everyone?
Apple usually does this in mid-September, right after the iPhone 17 keynote so expect September 16-20, 2026.
Bottom line:
iOS 27 beta 4 isn't flashy. It's better. The new Siri voices make it feel like Apple finally cares. And the bug fixes mean I'm not afraid to use my phone all day if you're already on the beta update tonight. Not waiting So get notified when iOS 27 final drops .

0 Comments